Knights, dragons, quests - facing our fears and faults with courage and love to overcome all are the messages of this festival celebrated in Waldorf schools and families world-wide.
This collection is not a circle time - it is five songs for use in your own family or classroom celebrations for use during the month of September (and perhaps beyond).
1. Brave And True Will I Be - a familiar verse in Waldorf circles set to a newly composed tune. A Mood of the Fifth song (a compositional form unique to the Waldorf-Steiner method), and according to Rudolf Steiner, the founder of the method, the kind of music that is best for children under 7. Can be played on pentatonic flute or C flute/recorder. Also included in Music Unfolds, a Waldorf-true curriculum co-authored with Melisa Nielsen of Waldorf Essentials. A great way to get in some movement during circle/morning gathering.
2. Child of Light - a pentatonic song in call and response style best suited according to Steiner to children of nearly 8 and beyond. Can be played on pentatonic flute or C flute/recorder and also part of Music Unfolds.
3. Michaelmas Canon - a newly composed song to be sung in 3-part canon. Fully diatonic, fully rooted metrically and more challenging than others in the collection. Best suited for children 9 and beyond. Cannot be played on pentatonic flute; must be played on C flute/recorder. Only available in this collection or on its own as a single item in the shop. Armed with love we cannot fail! Against all evil, we'll prevail! is the refrain.
4. Rise Up, O Flame - an ancient and popular canon, especially in Waldorf circles. Often sung at Martinmas in November, this canon has a great message for any time of year as we focus on overcoming. Fully diatonic, fully rooted metrically. Best suited for ages 9+. Cannot be played on pentatonic flute; must be played on diatonic flute/recorder.
5. Swords up and at the ready - a newly composed song available only in this collection. A Mood of the Fifth song, best suited for children 7 and under. A great way to get in some movement during circle/morning gathering. Can be played on pentatonic flute or C flute/recorder.
You'll receive a PDF (4 pages) and 5 mp3 files - instrumental only - and video of me singing and playing every song.
$6.00 Regular Price